Wednesday, March 3, 2010

RSV

Sickness has entered the Cullen household. We are going on 2 weeks of sick kids. Tommy was hit with this horrible virus last week, then I knew it was only a matter of time before AJ would contract it. Both of them have had a terrible cough and congestion. The only problem is, RSV affects children under the age of one much worse. Their little bodies just are not equipped to fight off this virus. AJ ended up in the ER twice with breathing treatments. Luckily, we never had to check in to the hospital. We are continuing the treatments at home, as this cough and wheezing can last for up to two weeks. We're not getting much sleep around here, so I apologize for the lack of posts over the next couple of days. Luckily, I have not gotten sick, so even though I'm tired I'm able to manage the kids during the day. Chris and I tag team at night. We'll be glad when this is all over and can get back to much happier posts! AJ has been a trooper through it all though. He smiles at every nurse and even after coughing and vomiting, he still manages to smile. Here's a picture of our little guy. Bath time is his favorite time of day!


No comments:

Post a Comment