Thursday, August 11, 2011

Binder Park Zoo

I know, it's been awhile. I've received a few notes from people (Scott), that the blog needs some updating. I wish I had some great excuse as to why the updates this summer have been far and few between, but I don't. Other than it's summer and we are enjoying it and at the end of the day I would rather relax to terrible reality tv than blog. Anyways, I will try and be better about it now!

We discovered a great zoo in our area called the Binder Park Zoo. I would say it's a hidden gem. We've been there twice now on the weekends and it's never overly crowded which is so nice. You won't see a lot of the typical zoo animals here, so it's kind of a nice change of pace in that respect. One of the great things about this zoo is that you can feed the giraffes! It's so cool. The giraffes are in a huge field along with zebras and other animals. You stand on a deck and can give the giraffes lettuce. It's really neat to see them so close. AJ and Tommy absolutely loved it. Tommy was a bit apprehensive at first and wanted us to help him, I have to admit, the tongues are a little creepy! However, AJ jumped right in and fed them laughing the whole time. We had a wonderful day at the zoo and hope to go back again soon. If you live in the area I highly recommend checking it out.







No comments:

Post a Comment