Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Snowed In Birthday!

So Tommy's birthday fell on the day of the terrible blizzard! It's always something with a February birthday! We had so many plans for the day, and all had to be postponed due to the weather. Luckily I hadn't told him any plans because I knew in the back of my mind that this blizzard might happen, and sure enough it did. I felt bad that we had to postpone everything, even going out to dinner. As a mother, you always want everything for your kids to put just perfect, but somethings you have to learn are just out of your control. We had plans to go to Silver Beach Pizza, our favorite pizza place, but since we couldn't make it there, we brought the pizza parlor to our house. I went out and bought all the makings for a bacon pizza! That was Tommy's request. We put on Italian music and cooked together. Tommy had a blast making and tasting all the ingredients that went into his birthday pizza. I also learned a great way to make pizza sauce, which I will post on our food blog.

We ended our fun family birthday party with Buzz Lightyear rocket ship cake! What more could a boy ask for? Even though plans had to change, we all had a great time and Tommy had a wonderful birthday. He has no idea what's in store for him this weekend...Toy Story 3 on ice...stayed tuned!







Big pillow Buzz

Rolling out the dough!

Tossing the dough...

and not catching the dough!




1 comment:

  1. That's the most awesome birthday cake I've ever seen, and those photos are too much!

    Also, bacon pizza? The boy has taste.

    ReplyDelete