Thursday, December 23, 2010

Last Minute Easy Christmas Cookie Recipes

So if you are like me, you may have put off baking until the last minute. I hate baking. Actually I don't hate it, I love the idea of it, but then when I get in the kitchen and have to measure and wait for things, I just get impatient. I enjoy cooking so much, but I'm just not a baker.

About a week ago, Tommy and I did make cut out sugar cookies and decorated them. But for some reason I felt like we needed more cookies. So I found two easy, virtually no bake recipes, and they are so delicious. Plus you won't be in the kitchen all day either. So if you have if you have a party or Christmas cookie exchange these are great to take with you and everyone will love them!

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Cookies

Ingredients:

A box of cornflakes
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup butterscotch chips
Red and green sugar (just for decoration)


Directions:

Lay down a sheet of wax paper and cover with a layer of cornflakes. With a double boiler, melt the peanut butter and butterscotch chips. Once melted spread all over the cornflakes. Sprinkle with sugar. Let cool. Once the mixture has cooled, you can break them off just like bark. So simple, and so delicious! The best part is when you start to break them off, sometimes just a bit of the bark comes off, not big enough to count as a cookie, so you must eat it, so good!





The next recipe I recently had at a MOMS Club night out. It's called cracker bark. It is the perfect amount of sweet mixed in with saltiness. Delicious and easy!

Cracker Bark

Ingredients:

1 cup butter

1 cup brown sugar

2 sleeves saltine crackers

12 oz. chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips)

Toffee chips (this is the for the topping, you could use any sort of candy bar you like, we like heath.)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 cookie sheets with tin foil. Layer each cookie sheet with a sleeve of crackers. This acts as the crust. Boil the butter and brown sugar together. Drizzle and spread the hot sugar mixture of the crackers. Bake in oven for 8 minutes. After removing from oven, sprinkle chocolate chips over bubbling crackers. Once the chocolate chips have soften, spread over crackers. Top with candy pieces. Place in freezer until hard. Then break to desired pieces. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment