Friday, December 3, 2010

Thankful



On Wednesday I learned that one of my friends from high school passed away from his battle with cancer. While I had lost touch with him after high school, when I found out about him having cancer a few years back, I started to follow him through facebook, news articles, and his blog. I was touched by his story because he never seemed to let the cancer get the best of him, always living life to its fullest. Since Wednesday, I haven't been able to stop thinking about him and how it's not fair that his life was taken so early. But it's also made me realize that I need to be so thankful for what I have in my life. This time of year becomes so busy and the list of things to do goes on and on. But since Wednesday, I've tried to enjoy the hustle and bustle and enjoy every minute with my family. I'm trying to be less annoyed with things and people and trying to have more patience. I'm so thankful I have beautiful, healthy family. While my two boys keep me busy and usually exhausted by 8 pm, I'm loving spending every minute with them I can, because who knows what will happen tomorrow. I have no idea what the future holds for us, but I am so thankful for the blessings in my life and thankful to my friend who has shown me this week how precious life really is. Thanks, Nick. Rest in peace.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment